The Refinement of Manhood

" I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, 'They are my people,' and they will say, 'The LORD is our God.' " Zechariah 13:9

8/10/2005

Guatemala and God's Provision

I am really excited at this point about going to Guatemala except for a small matter of money. I had sent out my letters to family requesting prayer and support but had only recieved a small amount of response. I didn't ask anyone in my class as so many were already going with me and I was aware of a lot of struggles that my peers were going through. It was not because I doubted their abilities, but more because I didn't want to inconvenience them I think. However I came up with an idea to have a fundraising dinner along with Kelly Parker where the missionaries would serve dinner in efforts to raise support. Thus on Friday before First Things First we served lasagna and salad and fruit, yet the greatest thing I think we provided was our service and our stories as we shared with those present why we felt God was calling us to this particular mission. Taking anonomous donations we raised a couple thousand dollars. Thank God for brothers and sisters who were so willing to give sacrificially!! I pray that they have been encouraged that we were good stewards of that money as they heard our stories upon return and as they read this perhaps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home