The Refinement of Manhood

" I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, 'They are my people,' and they will say, 'The LORD is our God.' " Zechariah 13:9

5/21/2005

Tasty Treat

Well I got off work yesterday and grabbed some clothes so I could crash at a buddy's house and then went over to my friend Nate's house to meet with him and my really good friend Robbie for dinner. So we left and I thought we were going some place like Texadelphia which is Robbie's favorite place, but then we started going 10 W and that ruled that out. We then proceeded to pull into the Taste of Texas. WOW!! What a treat! I had a 16 oz. New York Strip with their special lemon pepper seasoning and a baked potato along with 3 cups of cinnamon coffee and iced tea. To top it all off I had the best slice of Key Lime pie (one of my favorites!!) I have ever tasted. I think I have a new favorite place! Service was awesome and the food was soo tasty. Afterwards we went over to my friend Joel's house to visit with him and his neighbors. they were grilling fajitas which looked really good, but I was so full I couldn't have eaten some even if I tried. We didn't stay long because I had to be up early, but we ended up watching Dances with Wolves, so I didn't get to bed till after midnight. This morning wasn't much fun because I had to sit through Comedy Defensive Driving, which didn't have very much comedy. I don't really understand why we even have to take it since they give you all the answers, but I'm not complaining ... honest. Overall I guess it was worthwhile because it gave a refresher on some things and they addressed some of the new laws. (Watch out all you cell phone users... we may have to go to handsfree in order to talk and drive). Once that was over I cruised over to the park to play Kickball with some of my classmates. Whew! was it HOT!! Afterwards some of us threw the frisbee around for a bit and then a few of us went and grabbed some food from Sweet Mesquite and sat around and talked about theology, sports, and dating for about 4 hours and I think I drank about 5 glasses of iced tea before I felt rehydrated. Looks like another early morning because I got to be at church at 7:30 for the last session of Roles of A Man(R.O.A.M.), this awesome study that my singles minister, Don Mutton, has been putting on about what a man's proper role is in the family, and in life in general.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home