The Refinement of Manhood

" I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, 'They are my people,' and they will say, 'The LORD is our God.' " Zechariah 13:9

5/18/2005

Ode to Tyler Gipson


Well it isn't exactly an ode, ok it isn't one at all, but it sounded cool. Anyways, my good friend Tyler Gipson is leaving to go back to Arkansas this Monday. You may have seen him because at 6'3 and with a smile that's a country mile wide on his husky frame he is hard to miss. The first time I met him was playing softball during the summit tournament. Over the past few months though we have become good friends enjoying movie nights with all the guys or just hanging out. He really likes to help in any way he can and volunteered his time at the table selling merchandise on Monday's for Metro. He also is a good servant of Christ reaching out to others as a part of the Life Transformation Group affectionately known as the Small Group Gangsta's. Whatever he is a part of though, he is glad to be there and always has an encouraging word and a smile. I don't guess you will ever see this Tyler, but you are one of the most genuine, faithful, and kind-hearted friends I have ever known. I pray that God would continue to walk with you for all of your days and that you would be used in a special way to minister to those who need a friend like you. Thanks for being the man you are and for all the good times. I'm going to miss you buddy.

"WILLOW! Use the wand!"
- Fin Razell in Willow

One more time for you brother!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home