The Refinement of Manhood

" I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, 'They are my people,' and they will say, 'The LORD is our God.' " Zechariah 13:9

5/19/2005

Prayer Requests for Guatemala

I am leaving for Guatemala in 10 days for a week long mission trip with the singles department of my church. I ask that you would lift these requests up in prayer for me and the others that will be going on this trip.

-That all things would occur for the glory of God and none other.

- That I would be a good servant of Christ and that I would show others what Christ's love is through my actions, my words, and my testimony.

- Unity in our team along with our translators, the churches in Guatemala, and anyone we work with to present a message that accurately reflects the gospel.

- Safe travel and safety for each of us as we move amongst the people.

- Protection from lies, falsehoods and other forms of spiritual warfare.

- That translations would accurately reflect the gospel as we are sharing.

- That the experiences we gain would stay with us long after the trip is over.

- That our stories would inspire others to continue in the great commision.


I read these truths and I ask that you would lift these verses up as well for our team and me specifically.

Matthew 28:18-20 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Revelations 22:17 The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.

Ephesians 3:20-21 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Ephesians 6:10-11 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.

Ephesians 6:19 Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel,

Phillipians 1:16 Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ.

Phillipians 2:3-4 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.

The peace of God be with all of you today!

1 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

Great thoughts and verses! If I find enough time to create my own blog on prayer requests for the team, I'll probably link to here, too.

5/23/2005 9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home