The Refinement of Manhood

" I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, 'They are my people,' and they will say, 'The LORD is our God.' " Zechariah 13:9

8/15/2005

LEEVING on a Jet plane!!

So Byron stayed over at my apartment as we had to leave pretty early, around 6 I want to say. Anyways he and I ended up talking all night instead of sleeping so I didn't crash until 2:30 a.m. Later that same morning my alarm went off WAY too early and I dragged myself out of bed and had some coffee and some eggs and finished the last little bit of packing. My friend Shelley came and picked us up and we went to the church to meet up with some of the other people from Lighthouse who were going on this trip and then Shelley and Brady drove us to the airport so we didn't have to leave our vehicles in long term parking. What cool friends I have that would sacrifice their early morning for me! So we had to wait in a pretty long line to checkin our baggage and get our boarding passes. After going through security we sat around and I got a chance to meet some more of the people who I would be spending the next week with. After a small wait we boarded and I got the chance to sit next to Catha. What a cool thing as she and I didn't really know one another prior to this. I got to share my testimony with her and actually hear how she influenced an interaction that God used to really call me to HFBC. Being in the aisle seat I couldn't see much so after talking I jammed to the iPod and journaled about alot of the things you read last week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home