The Refinement of Manhood

" I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, 'They are my people,' and they will say, 'The LORD is our God.' " Zechariah 13:9

12/23/2010

Operation Reduce My Debt

As many of you know, I am a college student at Houston Baptist University pursuing the path God has shown me for this stage in my life as a Philosophy major with a minor in Spanish. In order to put my focus whole heartedly upon my studies I am not working in order to read the numerous good books my classes requires, do the assignments, write all the papers, and just think. I, however, still have many of the trappings of a middle class American though as a poor student I no longer am of that social class. Not that I don't like having all of these things, yet, I also must eat and pay rent and buy books and pay for my gas and insurance and the like, not to mention the distraction these provide to me from my studies.
In an effort to offset my numerous bills and expenses and remove these distractions I am going to be selling some of my things, thus the title of this post: "Operation Reduce my Debt." To facilitate this I will be posting lists of what is for sale in categories such as Games, Movies, Sporting Goods, etc. These items are all used, but well maintained and of high quality. Because I am trying to pay down some of my debts there is a likelihood that you can find cheaper prices online, especially considering the used nature of these items. However, please consider the benefit you will be doing me by helping me to take care of some of my considerable and growing debts as I pursue my education.
To establish my price points I have researched each items retail used resale value, if available, and its current new price. I have set my sale prices somewhere between those two values based upon how old the item is, it's condition (usually like new or gently used), and my perception of its value. I will accept cash or pay-pal and can either give you the item directly if you are in Houston by meeting at HBU, HFBC, or my house or I can mail you the item provided you cover shipping charges. If you feel led to donate more than my asking price or just to help a brother out I would definitely appreciate your generosity. Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Grace and Peace,

Greg Leach

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home